5 Tips for Kawartha Lakes Home Sellers
- Clear the Clutter. Before you put your home on the market, clear the clutter that’s accumulated over the years. Tackle one room at a time, divide your items into three piles: keep, donate and toss.
- Get Packing. Although you don’t want to pack all of your belongings, it helps to start boxing up the items that you want to keep, but won’t use for a while, such as out of season clothing or sporting equipment. Also, think about packing away sentimental and valuable items, Packing up your belongings will help potential buyers pictue themselves living in your home and also prevent your valuables from damage.
- Research the local market. Knowing how much the homes in your neighborhood are selling for and how long they stayed on the market can help you gauge your home’s value and estimate a time frame for sale.
- Repair and Improve. Boost your home’s curb appeal by doing minor repairs and improvements inside the home and out. Tackle any necessary repairs, paint your walls a neutral color and replace light fixtures or appliance that are damaged or out of date. And don’t forget to clean – potential buyers can’t enjoy the views if the windows are too dirty to see through.
- Be realistic. While it’s good to get a feel for the local market, be realistic about the selling process. Having realistic expectations for your home sale will help to relieve some of the stress of selling.
Call us, Brad Nelson – Real Estate Broker and Kelli Lovell – Sales Representative, to learn more about the real estate process, the state of the local market and to help you sell your current home or buy a new one. We are happy to answer any and all of your questions.!